ATRACT is a private initiative led by experienced tourism professionals and service providers from the tourism sector. ATRACT’s goal is to systematically counteract the shortage of workers in the hotel sector and gastronomy in a long-term, forward-looking manner.
The unique, innovative ATRACT model comprises an all-embracing programme which, in a multi-stage process, offers fast support ‘where the shoe pinches most’ (shortage of workers) and, at the same time, focuses on the source of the problem (attractiveness of the workplace).
- Ensuring the future of Austria’s hotel sector and gastronomy
- Creating a sufficiently large pool of available and skilled workers
- Promoting sustainable, long-term employment relationships
- Improving the sector’s image and increasing the appeal of its jobs
- Supporting the continued development of the hotel sector and gastronomy by offering an expert view
The ATRACT initiative not only promises viable employment relationships, but also supports these with training and coaching for employers and employees alike. Thanks to strong networks, ATRACT is able to attract workers from EU countries with high unemployment rates to Austria and, through tailored training courses, to make them employable specifically in the hotel sector and gastronomy. To this aim the team of ATRACT coaches provides specially developed language courses, skills training and integration programmes, as well as day-to-day practical work experience.